How do I deliver a Sustainable building?There are several key steps in the procurement process for sustainable healthcare buildings. Ideally, you will start by developing, with stakeholders, a sustainable project vision and setting a realistic budget to deliver those aims.
1. Developing a Project Vision- see Guidance Module 4 for more on this topic
2. Defining the project scope and setting a realistic budget- see Guidance Module 5 for more on this.
Beyond this point it is essential to manage the sustainability aspirations throughout the procurement process - please link through to the relevant guidance for each stage as shown below:
3. Getting budgetary and other approval - see Guidance Module 6 for more on this.
4. Managing procurement, especially preparing specifications, briefings and tender documents, and then evaluating bidders - see Guidance Module 7 for more on this.
5. Managing the design and construction processes - see Guidance Module 8 for more on this.
Articles from Guidance Modules
1. Accessing other funding and resources e.g. through partnerships
Module 3 - 2.3
It is also often possible to raise additional funding for a project from other sources. This may be in the form of additional money for new facilities...
2. How can you create a vision?
Module 4 - 3.1
There is no single template for creating a vision. Visioning can take many forms, which are not necessarily mutually exclusive.
3. What do the EU Procurement Directives require?
Module 7 - 1.4
The core requirements of the EU Procurement Directives are transparency and non-discrimination. Transparency requires equality of information for all ...
4. How do I manage sustainability in design and construction?
Module 8 - 1.4
Making sure that environmental and social objectives are embedded into the buildings is often challenging, but experience from other projects offers s...
1. Integrated services in a low energy building
Braunstone Health & Social Care Centre
The key sustainability aspects of the Braunstone project are:
1. Meeting local needs through provision of integrated services