What if I am already involved in a project?There are several key steps in the procurement process for sustainable healthcare buildings. Choose the stage you have already reached in the development of your project and then link through to the relevant guidance as shown below:
1. Developing a Project Vision- see Guidance Module 4 for more on this topic
2. Defining the project scope and setting a realistic budget- see Guidance Module 5 for more on this.
3. Getting budgetary and other approval - see Guidance Module 6 for more on this.
4. Managing procurement, especially preparing specifications, briefings and tender documents, and then evaluating bidders - see Guidance Module 7 for more on this.
5. Managing the design and construction processes - - see Guidance Module 8 for more on this.
Articles from Guidance Modules
1. How can you create a vision?
Module 4 - 3.1
There is no single template for creating a vision. Visioning can take many forms, which are not necessarily mutually exclusive.
2. What do the EU Procurement Directives require?
Module 7 - 1.4
The core requirements of the EU Procurement Directives are transparency and non-discrimination. Transparency requires equality of information for all ...
3. How do I manage sustainability in design and construction?
Module 8 - 1.4
Making sure that environmental and social objectives are embedded into the buildings is often challenging, but experience from other projects offers s...